Add Excitement To Your Silver Spring Home With Removable Wallpaper
Over the last year or so, I’ve been dabbling in the world of wallpaper, specifically the removable kind. And really, can you blame me? Today’s creative Silver Spring homeowner can completely transform a room by choosing among a huge array of high-quality removable wallpapers and decals. It's like a new style for the fashion addict!
Yes, there was a learning curve. In my first removable wallpaper adventure, I definitely went “free style” a bit more than I should have. But the final result turned out fine. I love it so much, in fact, that I’d like to share my 6 tips for decorating with removable wallpapers:1. Be daring! The best part of removable wallpaper is that, well, it’s removable. (Perfect for people with commitment issues like me.) You don’t like it? You can easily take it down! So allow yourself to go bold, and try something fun and a bit unexpected!
2. Find the right pattern: When making your choice, you’ll need to consider style (do you like floral prints or geometric?), colors and scale. Before making your selection, consider the room you’re transforming. Large patterns generally don’t look good in a small rooms because they tend to overpower the space and make it seem smaller. When considering colors, remember that dark shades make rooms seem smaller while wallpaper with a light background has the opposite effect.
3. Don’t fret about uneven walls. The walls in our home have loads of imperfections. But all I needed to do was first apply this strippable lining, then cover it with my chosen pattern. Worked like a charm! When I finished, the bumps disappeared.
4. Don’t rush: If you’re a first-timer, do a little research first. Removable wallpaper might be easy to take down, but putting it on your walls requires the same care as regular wallpaper. It’s not that hard, but you’ll want to learn the tricks of the trade before diving in. I recommend searching for tips on Google. Inspiration awaits!
5. Quality matters. Not all wallpapers are the same. Before purchasing, check reviews and read application instructions carefully. Removable wallpaper comes in many price ranges, patterns and colors.
6. Think outside the “wall.” If you’re not ready, wallpaper an entire room or a big wall, you could cover a small accent wall or a backsplash. Think creatively. Some companies offer customization in size and images. I even love wallpaper on furniture as you’ll see from the pic below.
So, are you ready to give it a try? Like so many other things today, wallpapering is definitely not what it used to be. It’s easier … and more fun! If you have a creative itch, it’s a great way to give your home a bit more personality!
Look around...the possibilities are endless